InstallFest Thanks to:

Author: George Gambill
Subject: InstallFest Thanks to:
I want to thank all who helped make the InstallFest a success.

A special thanks goes to the presenters and demonstrators. It takes a
special kind of courage to stand before a group of strangers, presenting new
ideas, not to mention, answering questions.

Ted (Gould) I didn't get a chance to see your 10:15 am presentation of The
Gimp, but, I heard good comments about it. I did attend your 2:45 pm
demonstration and it was very good. It moved me from the "I think I know
what it does" camp to the "That looks fairly easy, I'm going to try it"
camp. Thanks, well done!

Siri (Amrit Kaur), I missed your KDE demo also, How did it go. Having had a
chance to meet you and to get to know you a bit, I am sure it went well.
Thanks for your time and support.

Austin (Godber), I heard several people talking about Knoppix so your
presentation obviously worked. Thanks for you time and talents.

Michael (Seidner), Thanks for taking the time (on a Saturday) to share your
knowledge with others. It is this willingness to help others that makes PLUG
great. Thanks.

Robert (Ambrose), I apologize for the confusion surrounding your KickStart
demo. Next time (if you will be kind enough to give us a next time) I'll
see to it that we have a demo box needing a Red hat install via KickStart.
Please accept my apology. And, please give us another chance. Thanks for
your willingness.

Chris (Gehlker), Thanks for your insight with Ruby. The fact that we can
create a Ruby system, which is normally interruptive, and convert (maybe not
the right word) to "C" thereby allowing us to end up with a compiled system,
makes Ruby very attractive to me.

The opportunities (we don't have problems, only opportunities) with the
equipment taught us a very valuable lesson. Would it help if (in the
future) all presentations (and demonstrations) were burned to CD's thereby
providing flexibility the day of the event. Chris, Thanks again.

Marcia (Wilbur), I am sorry that the earlier equipment problems pushed
everything back such that you didn't get a chance to present the Stallman
tapes. Hang on to that tape and maybe next time we will schedule it
earlier. Marcia, Thanks for your willing spirit.

I also want to thank Derek for pulling the presentation/demonstration
schedule together. Not a small task. Thanks. Sorry you couldn't make the
event

To our co-hosts, Alexander Henry, Craig Brooksby and Steven Cain, thanks.
The check in table added much to simplifying the event for those wanting to
learn more about Linux. You folks did well. Thanks.

David (Huerta), our very own gifted artist, thanks. Great web banner, great
flyer. You have a gift. Can we count on your for our next InstallFest???
I sure hope so. Thanks again

Betty i, Thanks for the treats. They got us through the day in a very tasty
way. Thanks

To all the others (to numerous t mentions 'cause I've got to get back to
work), thanks. It would not have happened without all of you. It is this
willingness to give of your time and skills, asking nothing in return, that
makes PLUG a valuable resource.

I am a newbie. Make no doubt about that. But, without the PLUG support, I
may have given up some time ago. To all of you, and to PLUG, I say thanks.
Thanks very much.

George