last call: Peoria school

Author: der.hans
Subject: last call: Peoria school
moin, moin,

it's been a week now since we found out about the lost computers.

If we want to offer to help them we need to do so at the beginning of next
week. If we are going to offer to help we have to have a couple of people
who are willing to commit to making the offer viable. The volunteers don't
have to have lots of Free Software knowledge. That's what the list is for.
Having it is an advantage, but not a requirement.

What is required is a medium-term commitment to spend some time working with
the school to figure out what they need and researching how to satisfy those
needs via Free Software.

Other than monitors I think the physical requirements are met.

This was a great opportunity for us to boost the use of Free Software and
for us to teach a school district how to be more thrifty. It might still be
an opportunity, but we need to have some commitments before approaching
them.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and
#  write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." -- Alvin Toffler