Installfest flyer, v1.0 Beta

Author: der.hans
Subject: Installfest flyer, v1.0 Beta
Am 16. Oct, 2003 schw=E4tzte George Gambill so:

> Technically you are right about the copyright. Practically, it depends.
>
> David, did you create the pumpkin or did you borrow it.
>
> If you borrowed it, did it have a copyright symbol =A9 attached?
>
> While the creator has a right to the copyright (assuming the creator was =

not
> an employee for a company for which the pumpkin was created), the creator
> cannot enforce the copyright until such time as he/she notifies us of
> his/her desire to do so. He/she can notify us verbally, in writing or by
> affixing the copyright symbol =A9 to the copyrighted property.

We want to avoid problems, so we should insist on explicit permission. We
ask others to respect our copyrights and licenses, so we shouldn't presume
anything on works from 3rd parties. What if the person you got it from had
just yanked it from somewhere without permission to do so?

> Interesting thought. Since the pumpkin has the image of Tux on it, does
> that mean that the pumpkin comes under GPL licensing. If so, where is th=

> source code? 8-)

What is the license for the tux image?

"Permission to use and/or modify this image is granted provided you
acknowledge me and The GIMP if someone asks."

http://www.isc.tamu.edu/~lewing/linux/

We need to remember that for our logo :).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
#  are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
#  and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
#  -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918