ancient laptop memory?

Author: Bryce C
Subject: ancient laptop memory?
--=-Oyr8dWdSBZyhODpGBFsQ

What? You mean 12Mb's not good enough for you? It is for SuSE 6.1 on my
Dell of nearly identical specs (ok, it's a 486/100Mhz) and vintage. I
think SuSE 6.1 is still available for download too. Let's hear it for
the 2.2 kernel, or if needed the 2.0 series is also available.
Just razzin' ya. Good luck on the search. Even if mine were compatible,
I still use the laptop and its uptime's somewhere around 250 days now
:-) (my record thus far).

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 23:34, Dorian A. Monroe, II wrote:
> Hi folks!
>=20
> =20
>=20
> I=92m trying to put my old Dell Latitude CPi P133 laptop to good use!=20
> I=92ve installed ClarkConnect 2.0 on it, plus two pcmcia NICs (3c589c
> 10Mb cards) to have it function as a firewall/router/gateway for
> home. As it doesn=92t have a cdrom, I did the ftp install from floppy,
> which worked great using the existing pcmcia nics (and a redhat 9.0
> pcmcia driver disk), however I=92m having problems getting it up and
> running, post installation. I believe it has something to do with
> ClarkConnect=92s requirements of 64mb, of which I only have 32 (2x16)=85
> *sigh* Anybody have a couple extra old 32MB laptop memory modules
> that may work in this beast? It=92s a Pentium 133 -- With MMX
> Technology!! It=92s not worth it for me to spend the $50 here:
>=20
> http://www.18004memory.com/searchmodel.asp?criteria=3D311-6359&oem_client=

=3Doem&exact_partial=3Dexact
>=20