Suse 9.0 and install fest

Author: Bryce C
Subject: Suse 9.0 and install fest
--=-cDfykzKlIEHjRlAPME2e

SuSE doesn't offer ISOs for their current versions. You have to do a net
install using boot floppies. This shouldn't be a problem for the on-site
installation but you can't give the user a CD afterwards.
(For the net install, whoever's bringing the mirror machine just needs
to download SuSE and then all the clients can install via FTP, NFS, etc)

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 13:11, wrote:
> I do not see any iso files on the servers. Is there a special way that th=

> files could be burned to cd to make them bootable?
>=20
> On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Michael wrote:
> > Robert, you can download it as SuSE believes in the tru meaning of Open
> > Source, and free. Of course you will not have the support or some minor
> > extra packages you would get if store bought. You can download from any=

of