Peoria Schools can't afford to replace stolen computers

Author: der.hans
Subject: Peoria Schools can't afford to replace stolen computers
Am 16. Oct, 2003 schw=E4tzte Lee Einer so:

> http://netscape.digitalcity.com/phoenix/news/article.adp?article=3D139416=

0&_dci_e_t=3Dincoming&_dci_a_l=3Dmy.netscape.com/index2.psp?cp=3Dmyfresh
> <http://netscape.digitalcity.com/phoenix/news/article.adp?article=3D13941=

60&_dci_e_t=3Dincoming&_dci_a_l=3Dmy%2enetscape%2ecom%2findex2%2epsp%3fcp%3=
dmyfresh>

> It would be great if we could cobble together a few Linux boxes and
> donate them...

They lost 9 of 45 computers. That means they still have a few. AZOTO can
donate a few boxen for LTSP clients ( thanks to UAT for that donation ).

One or more of their remaining computers could be used to serve up the LTSP
setup.

Note, they may need a LTSP-like rather than LTSP, but the physical setup
remains about the same.

Do we have a couple of people with experience with this type of setup who
will volunteer for this? Please respond on list or write me at AZOTO.org.
LuftHans is my username there.

Once we have a couple of volunteers lined up, and only then, we can contact
them and start finding out what their needs are and how we can assist.

Anybody got kids in that district? In that school? It'd be good to have
someone local for the contact person. Living in/near Peoria would be good
enough. Having kids in the school system would be better.

If we volunteer to help, we have to be prepared to see it through and help
them if they let us. If we're not going to follow through it's better to no=
volunteer in the first place.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.
#  An author has only the opportunity to make it uninteresting. - der.hans