Farewell to Fritz

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Farewell to Fritz
Using word count I come up with 889 words in the diatribe (it is an
editorial), of which about 110 are tech related. In terms of computer rela=
ted
then you are looking at less than 90 words.

A better article could have been found if the point was tech related.

Top posted with pride...

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Patrick Fleming wrote:

> wrote:
> > Might I ask what the heck this has to do with linux, computersm or tech=

nology
> > in general?
>=20
> " Thanks in part to nearly $300,000 in campaign contributions from the=20
> entertainment industry, he=92s become a tireless champion of the Luddites=

=2E=20
> Last year, Hollings introduced an outrageous piece of legislation that=20
> would have required every piece of electronics sold in the United States=

=20
> to come outfitted with a copyright protection mechanism. The bill would=

=20
> have significantly increased the cost of everything from car stereos to=

=20
> home computers, and would have thrown a wet blanket over further=20
> development of digital technology."
>=20
> *AND* would have made it illegal to use anything other than Microsoft=20
> Windows with all its crippeling DRM technology for watching *your* DVDs=

=20
> listening to *your* CDs, etc.
>=20
> Agree with him or not- it is *very* technolgy related.
>=20
>=20
> >=20
> > Some people (myself in particular) might agree with many of the Senator=

> > positions and the only possible outcome IMHO of sending this to the lis=

t is a