Gentoo Impression

Author: BoBB
Subject: Gentoo Impression
>I've got the 1st ISO downloading as we speak but one question comes to
>mind. Why do people run Gentoo rather than BSD? I always got the
>impression that Gentoo was trying to be FreeBSD. Then again, I don't
>know much.

Well, if anyone has ever used BSD and linux they are definately
different, bsd from what I hear doesnt have as much support for desktop
like applications that people want to use. For example a friend of mine
told me that he had a real pain getting dvd watching working in freebsd.
Also ive heard that there are no nvidia drivers for BSD, not that that
is the end all be all of computing and people should run linux instead
of BSD, but the majority of gentoo users are not running rock hard
servers, they are running bleeding edge desktop boxes.

--
BoBB