Maximum Memory in Linux

Author: Rowan Smith
Subject: Maximum Memory in Linux
In the past I have had to specify memory amount as a command line option
when linux boots. This is the relevant portion of the lilo man page:

mem=###[,K,M,G]
Specifies the maximum memory in the system in bytes, kilobytes,
megabytes, or gigabytes. This option is not removed from the
command line, and is always passed to the kernel.

rowan