InstallFest Activities, Please Help Prioritize

Author: George Gambill
Subject: InstallFest Activities, Please Help Prioritize
I need some help understanding the priority of the following InstallFest
requirements. Obviously, some things never get done and hopefully they are
the least important ones.

Please take a look at the remaining requirements and provide input as to how
important you consider them. Please rate them from 0 to 10 where 10 is the
MOST important. With your help we can spend our time (a limited resource)
satisfying the more important issues.

Thanks
___________________
Demo:
  ___Blender
  ___Free Software Development: (in .az.us)
    ___(Your Sugestions Go Here)
    ___Familiar
    ___GDB
    ___GNOME
    ___GNUe
    ___KDE
    ___Kernel
    ___Sodi-Podi
  ___GNOME
  ___GNUe:
  ___Knoppix
  ___Knoppix for Kids/Debian Jr.
  ___Konq.
  ___MySQL
  ___Nautilus
  ___OpenOffice.org
  ___Photo Albums
  ___PostGresSQL
  ___Ripping CDs
  ___Sodi Podi
  ___Viewing FAX(s)
  ___What is Free Software
___________________
___Firewalling
___________________
Giveaways:
  ___CD Lables, Professional Looking
         (Anyone have a talent to create "Professional Looking" CD
         labels?)
  CDs to give away:
    ___GNUwinII
    ___Mozilla 1.0
  ___PLUG Business Cards:
         (Who did these last time?)
___________________
HandOuts:
  ___How to find out what is installed
  ___Putting the box on line at home
         (A guide to putting the box on the air at home - cable/dsl/phone
         setup, etc.)
  ___Where to find Help
___________________
Install
  ___GNUwinII
___________________
Materials:
        (The start of a list.  Let me know which you can bring off-list.
        We will cc the plug list daily.)
  General
    ___Banner Ad, Web Site
          (We need a banner ad for the InstallFest. We want to put it up
          on the web site. See the space next to the PLUG logo for canvas
          size.  Per Hans.)
    ___Easel, Whiteboard, Dry Markers
    ___Markers, Paper, Tape (for signs)
    ___PLUG Banner.
          (Who has this???)
    ___Pens, Pencils
    ___Preprinted Signs
          ("Install Fest This Way" [left, right, straight])
  Good Stuff (Parts)
    ___Extra Floppy Drives, CDROM Drives
          (for folks with recalcitrant hardware?)
    ___Extra Vedio and Sound Cards
          (for folks with recalcitrant hardware)
    IDE, Floppy Cables
    ___Netword Switch/Hub and Cables
    ___Network Cards (PCI, ISA)
    ___Power Strips / Surge Protectors
          (Several Folks Please Bring)
    ___Screwdrivers
    ___Spare Keyboards
    ___Spare Mice
    ___Various Converter Plugs, Screws, etc.
___________________
Other Thoughts to Consider
  ___Brief Descriptions of "Essential" Commands
  ___Desk Top Icon to Counterparts to Familiar MS
         (What the counterparts are to the Windows apps they are used to.)
  ___Desktop Icon to Distro OnLine Documentation
  ___PLUG Icon of Desktop
  ___Research Desktop Link Address to Doc Page
         (A link on the desktop pointing to an html tour of their system.)
    ___Debian Distro Docs Link Address
    ___Mandrake Distro Docs Link Address
    ___Open Office Docs Link Address
    ___Red Hat Distro Docs Link Address
    ___Slackware Distro Docs Link Address
  ___WTYB Page (what ever that is)
         (The WTYB page could also point out documents and maybe have a
         tour of the new system.  Per der hans)
  ___Welcome to Your Box Intro at Log In
         (What we need is a good "Welcome to your box" intro that
         automagically pops up when they log in.  Per der hans)
___________________
Security Updates:
        (This should also be covered in the 'What Now'. )
___________________
Support Hardware:
  ___LTSP Clients up to 4 more
         (LTSP clients Need no Hard Drive.  32 meg of memory is
         sufficient.  A NIC card supported by ROM-A-MATIC or with an
         Etherboot (TFTP) NIC.  I should be able to come up with a couple
         more Linksys NIC's (if someone has boxes) with boot floppies (or
         onboard etherboot chips) but they require 200MHz of better.)
Working Computers:
        (Let me know if we have missed any catagories here.)
  ___Firewall Distro
  ___FreeSCO
  ___One With Your Favorite Software Goes Here
  ___With GNOME
  ___With KDE