Customizing Knoppix Problem resolved

Author: der.hans
Subject: Customizing Knoppix Problem resolved
Am 30. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte Austin Godber so:

> So, is there an easy way to remedy this? Compare the contents of every f=

ile to
> see if they are identical and replace copies with hardlinks? Sounds like=

a job
> for find's exec action which I can't successfully get to work due to quot=

ing
> troubles.

ls -liR . | sed -e 's/^ *//g' | egrep "^[0-9]" | cut -d' ' -f1 | sort

Look for dups. I'll leave that as an exercise for the user :).

find . -inum <inode>

> PPS - They will be largely replaced with shiney new bash scripts ... it w=

ould be
> sooner if I didn't have to take a 4 day trip to Taiwan this weekend.

Well, enjoy the trip :).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Freedom isn't everything, but without freedom you have nothing. - der.ha=
ns