CMOS camera in linux ?

Author: Ted Gould
New-Topics: fwbuilder: eth0 does not exist message
Subject: CMOS camera in linux ?
--=-MEmqIaqXjJbn2E8yV9CD

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 22:06, Nathan England wrote:
> I have two digital cameras. Both USB. Both el cheapo $25 buckaroo jobs.
> They both seem to be CMOS lenses. Does anyone know of any projects to get=

a=20
> CMOS camera working in linux? Any ideas?

It shouldn't matter what sensor the camera is using, it matters how the
coded up the USB profile (FYI: The professional Canon cameras also use
CMOS sensors). I would imagine that they use the USB Mass Storage
profile - so they'll just mount in Linux. If you plug it in, then type
'mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/floppy' that will put it in your floppy
directory.

If that doesn't work, you should look to see what /var/log/messages says
when you plugged it in.

        --Ted

--=-MEmqIaqXjJbn2E8yV9CD

--=-MEmqIaqXjJbn2E8yV9CD--