Do Nothing?

Author: Ted Gould
Subject: Do Nothing?
--=-5ZSNR8NhL6rx4oo01oMm

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 08:43, Craig Brooksby wrote:
> But here's the point: I think I saw another posting on this -- every
> once in a while, it seems you can click on this, or double click on
> that, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS. =20
>=20
> Let me narrow it: it's usually Nautilus. I ran it from the command
> line -- nothing. I ran it with the -check option. They all ran, but no
> output. I ran --help and saw something about Bonobo objects, and gave
> up. Other times it's Mozilla 1.4...

Hmmm, that's really odd.

Are you saying that other things work - but just one application dies -
or that everything stops independent of which program is running?

If stuff is generally working - something you might look at is System
Tools->System Monitor in your RedHat menu. This will tell you which
tasks are using the CPU at the moment, perhaps one is using the whole
CPU.

If everything seems to be hanging, see if you can hit Control-Alt-F1 all
at the same time. This should get to you to a command line login. If
that works, we can try some other stuff. (To get back do Alt-F7)

        --Ted

--=-5ZSNR8NhL6rx4oo01oMm

--=-5ZSNR8NhL6rx4oo01oMm--