cricket and local mail

Author: Jim
Subject: cricket and local mail
I am getting hundreds of the below messages and I am not sure what is
causing them they are for a program called cricket.

The program seems to be for managing the collection and display
       of time-series data --- I got that info from the manapge.

This is being reported to my local mail on some of my other debian boxes
errors and cronjobs are not reported to my mail what do I need to do to
configure that? Just run eximconfig?

Error and the lines leading up to it:
[24-Sep-2003 22:20:02 ] Starting collector: Cricket version 1.0.4-pre1
(2002-04-16)
[24-Sep-2003 22:20:02*] Failed to open compiled config tree from
/etc/cricket/config/config.db: Permission denied

Jim