InstallFest Status

Author: der.hans
Subject: InstallFest Status
Am 25. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte Steven Cain so:

> Is there anything a newbie can do? I've successfully installed RedHat,

There are plenty of ways a newbie can assist.

> Mandrake, Slackware 9, UnitedLinux, and ASPLinux on my machine here at
> home (septuple-bootable). :)

Well, that's a pretty good start for a 'newbie' :).

> Though anything beyond installation and a few setup of programs (yahoo,
> netscape, java, SunOne, etc) within Mandrake.

At the InstallFest you could help by spending time working as a host. You
might also want to spend time assisting someone else do installs as that's =
good way to learn.

Pre-installfest you can help by letting others know about the InstallFest
:).

If you're new to GNU/Linux you might be able to help by letting us know of
issues you've had in getting used to GNU/Linux. You could also help us work
on documentation for other newbies.

Feel free to think of other ways to help ;-).

In any case, welcome to the wonderful world of Free Software!

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
#  are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
#  and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
#  -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918