SPARC 5 Dual NIC Problems

Author: Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr.
Subject: SPARC 5 Dual NIC Problems
The port could show up and the cable can still be bad. When plugging into a
hub, you should use a standard Ethernet cable, not a cross over cable. My
second suggestion was to eliminate the hub for a test. Instead of plugging
into the hub, use a crossover cable and plug directly into a device that is
working on the 192.168.1.x network.

Second question since you stated that you were using a hub and a crossover
cable... Are you plugged into the uplink port of the hub? If you are, is
that port a shared port with its neighbor (some hubs have two ports that are
actually one port functioning as either an uplink port or standard port)?

Gilbert