the future of RHL

Author: Derek Neighbors
Subject: the future of RHL
Bowie J. Poag wrote:

| If it sounds like FUD...

| ..Looks like FUD...

| Smells like FUD...

| Guess what? It's FUD. Red Hat's bread and butter is the boxed version..
| The number of people using RHEL is miniscule by comparrison. And
| besides, what stops you from simply using RHEL?

Why is this FUD? Do you have Red Hat's numbers for Boxed Edition sales?
~ I suspect that their revenues are coming mostly from the following
areas...

1. Consulting
2. Support
3. Enterprise Sales
4. Bundle Deals (Like Dell Offerring on their PCs)

It would not suprise me at all if they stopped the boxed edition in
stores. I am inclined to agree that perhaps say Red Hat itself is dead
and some of the other information.

- -Derek