ICQ

Author: Ted Gould
Subject: ICQ
--=-9YCF0osHUsmxK8B/4L73

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 20:31, Lynn David Newton wrote:
> Does anyone know how to change the font used for
> viewing and typing?

I believe that it is using the GNOME application font. For me, the
easiest way to change that is go to Preferences->Font and that will
adjust it. Ofcourse, this effects all GTK+ 2.0 applications also.

If you'd like to have a little more fun the GConf key for this is
/desktop/gnome/interface/font_name. You can edit that with gconf-editor
or you can use gconftool-2. So to get the font name it would be:

[ted@davinci ted]$ gconftool-2 -g /desktop/gnome/interface/font_name
Bitstream Vera Sans 10
[ted@davinci ted]$

And then to set it:

[ted@davinci ted]$ gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/interface/font_name
--type=3Dstring "Bitstream Vera Sans 10"
[ted@davinci ted]$

I hope that helps. It won't be as helpful if your not using a GTK+ 2.0
version of GAIM (I don't remember when they switched versions).

    Have fun,
        Ted

--=-9YCF0osHUsmxK8B/4L73

--=-9YCF0osHUsmxK8B/4L73--