PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #3944 - 12 msgs

Author: George Gambill
Subject: PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #3944 - 12 msgs
Hans,

I'm not sure I understand the difference between a demonstration and a
presentation. For the sake of starting the discussion, let me provide a
(seed) description and maybe folks will join in to refine it.

Presentation: Normally one on many (one instructor and many students)
normally taking place in a room dedicated (for the time) to the presentation
and with such things as overhead (or electronic projectors - don't know what
to call them) projectors etc..

Demonstration: Normally one (instructor/demonstrator) to few (as many as can
look over the demonstrators shoulder) students and normally presented in a
room with much other activities going on.

With the idea that these are different approaches to conveying knowledge, I
will (till told otherwise) show a Presentation section and a demonstration
section in the InstallFest Status Report.

George