Redhat Installation problem

Author: Craig White
Subject: Redhat Installation problem
On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 19:49, M Rafiq wrote:
> Hi Craig
>

> Thanks for your pointer. Yes it was media problem. So we used 7.2 CD and
> installed it successfully. Only problem is that is is not using GUI may be
> my hardware is new and it is not reconizing Nividia G3force video. Meantime
> I am trying to down load Redhat Linux 9 and will try to install it. Any
> gotchas for this?
>
> Do you have any solution to resolve this GUI proble as I cannot use internet
> without it.

------
Did the installer use GUI, I would think that it would work in VESA mode
(640x480 at the very least - yuck)

if you installed w3m or lynx...

rpm -qa|grep w3
rpm -qa|grep lynx

you can browse internet in text mode

7.2 had fairly old version of xfree86 - Nvidia G3 requires download of
their driver and recompile of kernel since they refuse to open source
it.

Craig