scp question

Author: der.hans
Subject: scp question
Am 13. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte Kurt Granroth so:

> The programmable completion is actually why I switched to zsh in the
> first place.
> I always liked how tcsh did that but liked the sh-style of everything
> else. For me,
> zsh was the perfect compromise.

Look at using programmable completion with bash. It's pretty cool and seeme=
pretty good the few times I played with it.

debian has /etc/bash_completion, just source that to get a bunch of pre-set
rules. I think other distros have something similar.

zsh was also reported to have some really nice networking stuff, but I
couldn't get things to work. Last I looked at it was 1996, though.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Strangers are friends just waiting to happen!