customer experience

Author: der.hans
Subject: customer experience
moin, moin,

OK, the goal is to help people move to using GNU/Linux. Just installing the
system doesn't do that. They need to have a good experience and get
assistence as they move on to using the now pre-installed system in their
own home/workplace.

In the past people have shown up to an unorganized mess. Effective and
helpful, but unorganized. Maybe we should think about improving the
installee experience from the beginning.

We could have 'hosts' at the entrance ( just like restaurants do ) that will
greet people as they come up. The hosts also take care of the initial
greetings and any 'conference registration' types of things.

A host can then lead the installee to the install and demo rooms.

The host could even give the installee the 'menu', from which the installee
can choose the flavor of install. I guess the default would be the 'house
specialty' or something. No need for kitchy stuff on this as I think we want
clear, understandable choices.

Maybe make the menu an electronic form that gets filled out and printed on
site.

The host would then hand the installee off to the installer or installer
team, doing an intro, "Your installer will be Bill. He's part of our Red Hat
team"...

Installers don't get tips! :) They can, however, solicit donations for AZOTO
;-).

We could also have 'tour guides' that would give mini-tours of the demo room
and maybe the install room. The tours could be giving every 30 minutes. I
would suggest that they be given at 10 minutes and 40 minutes after the hour
to make it easy to transition to/from presentations and take 15 to 20
minutes.

The installees could then move back to individual demos they found
interesting.

The waiver, like what we used at the last two InstallFests, could be
collected the same time the menu choice is made. We could use the menus to
track installs.

After the installation is finished we can affix a penguin sticker if they
want.

We need to hand out a piece of paper that has contact and 'what to do next'
info. That file also needs to be on their box and obvious from desktop
template.

It might be good to set the system-wide default home page to PLUG's web
site, etc.

We need a mini-script for installers to use when meeting installees. Part of
that would be making sure the paperwork is in order. It could also specify
getting permission to set a default home page, asking them if they want to
join the discuss mailing list ( and doing the initial registration if they
want ) etc.

ciao,

der.hans
#  When I work, I work hard. When I play, I play hard.
#  When I sit, I sleep. - Embe Kugler