samba

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: samba
I tried this although I still get promted for a username and password from windows boxes when I try to connect to this samba share.

I created the guest account by adduser and did not name it guest. But when I do log in I do not see the share I see .alias, .bash_profile, .bashrc and .cshrc files. I have actually ran

"chown -R guestusername:guestusername /foldername/"
and still when connected via samba to the share I do not actually see the contents of the share

I would like to have anyone on the network without username and password (without a prompt presented) be able to read this share

Jim