df stange output

Author: der.hans
Subject: df stange output
Am 11. Sep, 2003 schw=E4tzte so:

,
> this is on a raid 5 hardware level setup. It is a Dell poweredge 4400 it
> is using the AACRAID / PERCRAID driver.

OK, 36 GB isn't a problem. Didn't know if you'd setup a 15 TB cluster or
something :).

> Would a kernel upgrade from 2.2.20 to 2.4.21 actually fix this or help th=

is?

It might. Boot an install disk that uses 2.4 ( use bf24 to get a 2.4 kernel
with debian ), mount /dev/sda1 somewhere and run df to see what you get.

> The system used to report the free disk space correctly and then this
> started happening.

Do you remember doing an upgrade between working and borkenness?

> Below is the output from "ls -lh /"

Leave the 'h' off. That might be masking the problem. Generally it's a nice
thing, though :).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Very frankly, I am opposed to people being programmed by others.
#    -- Fred Rogers, aka Mr. Rogers (1928-2003),