Redhat Linux installation problem

Author: M Rafiq
Subject: Redhat Linux installation problem
Craig,

Thanks. Yes first time we did it and it did not pass so second time we
avoided it. But same media worked perfectly on other machine. We shall try
it again and see what happens.

Regards
Rafiq

From: Craig White <>
Subject: Re: Redhat Linux installation problem
Date: 10 Sep 2003 18:32:52 -0700

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 17:17, M Rafiq wrote:
> Env AMD 1.8 GHZ 512MB Ram 512MB DDR RAM ASUS ,otherboard with builtin

Video
> and sound
>
> 120GB WD HD
>
> While trying to install Redhat Linux 8 (CD from a book) on above machine

it
> keep hanging after sensing mouse and after a while says no space on disk.

No
> problem with HD expcept it is newly produced in July/2003. No error

during
> diagonistics.
>
> No help on redhat or WD site.
>
> Can someone help to resolve this issue. If any specific question please

let
> me know.

-----
1 - did you run media check?

2 - if it passes media check, and does the same thing, try pressing
Control-Alt-F3 (I think that it's F3 but it may be F4) and the screen
contains std out/std error and it may actually list what the problems
are that are occurring.

Craig