Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protoc…

Author: David
Subject: Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Craig White wrote:

> Xlib: No protocol specified
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^
> error message if I try to run bluefish ...
>
> root@server: #su craig -c bluefish &
>
> if I exit su and run it as craig@server: # it works
>
> I continue to have problems running commands as root with the su command
> as above. man su and info su just don't get the point across to me. Can
> anyone point me to a page that describes GNU su ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

my guess is that this wouldnt be a su issue, but an X authorization issue.
I believe you are looking for 'xhost +localhost' (or whatever host you
are coming from). man xhost should give you more details.

David

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
--Darth Vader

ack! another blog. http://damnetwork.blogspot.com
---
4:30pm up 6 days, 9 min, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00