Debian kernel compile error with make-kpkg --revision

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Debian kernel compile error with make-kpkg --revision
I can use the following command "make-kpkg --revision=Sep9.2003 kernel_image" once and then I get the below errors and I can compile the kernel the non preferred way like this though "make dep && make && make bzImage && make modules && make install && make modules_install "

"make-kpkg --revision=Sep9.2003 kernel_image"
I note that you are using the --revision flag with the value Sep9.2003.
However, the ./debian/changelog file exists, and has a different value
sep4.kernel.2.4.22. I am confused by this discrepancy, and am halting.

any suggestions on remedying this.

Jim