Groupware collaboration solution?

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: Groupware collaboration solution?
I think you are right based on this statement on the main Kolab page http://kolab.kde.org

"You can send and recieve meeting and task requests between Microsoft Outlook(tm) and KDE Kolab Client as well as look up your Free/Busy times to name but a few things."

However, if you look in the Kroupware FAQ here http://kroupware.org/faq/faq.html#Windows%20Client0 you will see that:

"How can I make Outlook talk to the Kolab Server?
    You need a plug-in called InsightConnector in version 1.x from a company called Bynari (http://bynari.com). This is proprietary software and you need to aquire a license."

Further on they state that they are not planning a Free version of a connector to Kolab for Outlook.

So, I did misinterpret. It is possible to use Outlook as a Kroupware or Kolab server client.

However, we do not allow the use of Outlook for virus and trojan reasons so it is still not a solution for us. Good for others that may use Outlook to understand the clarification though.

Alan