A/S400

Author: Ted Gould
Subject: A/S400
--=-H21wXbAAwoQNVBuy/mod

=20
> > I have no idea what the thing is. Can anyone shed some light=20
> > on whether or not it would be useful and what for?
>=20
> Here's an idea for something you can do with it:
>=20
> http://tlf.cx/bilder/tn/sun-beerserver.jpg.ths.html

No! It's not useful at all, you should give it away. No, no, you
should PAY someone to take it!

I think that there are still A/S400's in production, they're basically
IBM servers. I'm not sure if Linux will run on it (Linux will run on
the processors for sure, but I don't know about the boards) but if you
have to go the AIX route it might be difficult. I've heard more than
one horror story about IBM's prices for stupid stuff like upgrading a
hard drive (hint: it requires a 'new' OS module).

So, in summary - it could be useful for some things - probably the
biggest being realizing some history (which isn't a bad thing). I
wouldn't expect to start a web hosting company with it.

    --Ted

--=-H21wXbAAwoQNVBuy/mod

--=-H21wXbAAwoQNVBuy/mod--