New member, subscriber, and future Guru

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: New member, subscriber, and future Guru
Hello PLUG,
I'm another newbie trying to learn all I can about Linux, networking and database. I am a full-time student at DeVry University in the CIS program. I graduate October next year. I'm looking for any opportunity to enhance what little skills I have through volunteer work or otherwise. I do have some experience with web site development ( assisted in the development of one commercial site back in 2000). I have WinXP, Win2000, Mandrake 9.0, United Linux and Slackware installed (and trying to install Gentoo) on my aging Dell (circa 1999) in its shrine at home. Ok, so that was my introduction. Can I get others?

Sincerely,
Steve Cain