Looking for a good VPN solution

Author: Robert Ambrose
Subject: Looking for a good VPN solution
There is a variant of FreeS/WAN called SuperFreeSwan. I'm using it at
several of my customer's sites and it works very well. I also use it to
secure my 802.11 network. They are using both Linux <-> Linux
configurations (for LAN to LAN VPNs) and Windows <-> Linux (for Road
Warriors) using SSH Sentinel.

The main detail is in order to allow dynamic IP clients, X.509 certificate
authentication should be used.

One of the really handy features is that I use the same IP address on my
laptop when it is connected via wireline, wireless or external (like at a
customer's site). The clients also work from behind a NAT'ed firewall
(again, as when I'm onsite). I can actually unplug the Ethernet PCMCIA
card and plug in the 802.11 card, and the established connections continue
to work.

rna