Debian Kernel

Author: der.hans
Subject: Debian Kernel
Am 18. Aug, 2003 schw=E4tzte Miles Beck so:

> I've forgotten the kernel that I installed. This kernel has been on the s=

ystem a
> couple of months. It could even be for the wrong processor type I have. A=

ll I
> know for sure is that it panics when booting.

If you don't have an initrd setup it will panic. The initrd contains the
modules necessary to talk to the filesystems.

initrd=3D/initrd.img

That needs to be in the image=3D/vmlinuz stanza in lilo.conf. Once you upda=
te
that run lilo and make sure the output is correct.

Added Linux *
Added LinuxOLD
Added 2.4.17
Added probe

The one with a * is the default kernel. The others can be chosen at boot
time.

> > Does it require that you specify an initrd?
>
> I don't think it should.

As Bill say, it does.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.
#  An author has only the opportunity to make it uninteresting. - der.hans