moving files with mv

Author: Craig White
Subject: moving files with mv
On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 19:54, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 03:56 PM, Thomas Cameron wrote:

----
I'm gathering that you are saying that my problem last time was with the
'cp' command and it shouldn't have (or wouldn't have) happened if I had
'mv' the files instead - is that it?

This time, I am on the same filesystem so I would expect a whole lot
less trouble whereas the time I lost some files, I was moving the files
from one hard drive to another.

Tar does seem safer...

Craig