apt-get dist-upgrade Gabe & Hans

Author: der.hans
New-Topics: Prroblem switching user
Subject: apt-get dist-upgrade Gabe & Hans
Am 12. Aug, 2003 schw=E4tzte Michael Havens so:

> I am now on the M$ side of my machine. Why? Because X won't start and I
> don't know enough to work text only.

Do a dist-upgrade to testing. Then as root run 'startx'. If X isn't properl=
configured it will offer to configure itself for you.

This is the only time you should run X as root.

> Hans, I will bring it in thursday if I don't get it fixed before then if
> that is okay. Also, I don't have the knoppix cd that my debian instalatio=

> came from; it was given to my dad.

Bring the box in. Today didn't work out, but bring it to Stammtisch on Tue
or to the meeting next Thu.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
#  are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
#  and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
#  -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1918