Linux for my sister?

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: Linux for my sister?
That plan looks more than what I have done for my 3 oldest kids, ages 9-14. They do email, instant messaging and browsing along with OpenOffice.org for all drawing and report writing on Linux.

The only one not doing all that is my 6 year old. He just plays games on Linux.

I left cookies on in Mozilla but all pop-ups off. I log in remotely and cleanout the cookies once in a while.

Fonts are not much of a problem to me or them. Red Hat 8.0 and 9 have very nice fonts. My kids use Red Hat 7.3 (it's an under-powered but adequate machine) and the fonts are a bit uglier there but they don't mind. What font problems are you talking about?

Alan