Clock

Author: Ed Skinner
New-Topics: apt-get
Subject: Clock
On Saturday 09 August 2003 23:33, Bryce C wrote:
> I might recommend synchronizing to an atomic clock. I.e. `ntpdate
> clock.via.net`. That's what I use at least but that's because I've
> installed ntpd. There are many other solutions besides ntpd such as
> using rdate with a time server. I'm sure others on the list will be
> happy suggest their setups too.

     I use "nist.pl" (from http://www.zdo.com/, originally found via=20
freshmeat.net). Arizona local time is '-07:00:00' hours earlier than UST.=
=20
Plug this into the perl script as $timediff, and set $timeserver to=20
'totime_a.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov' and then execute the script as root to se=
t=20
system time.

--=20
Ed Skinner, , http://www.flat5.net/