lyx -> postscript conversion

Author: Mike Starke
Subject: lyx -> postscript conversion
Every document I create and then view in Postscript (in Lyx)
has the first page shifted down about 1". Upon further inspection,
the creation of the documents follows this path:

sgml -> dvi -> ps/pdf

Viewing the .dvi file created everything is positioned as expected.
So, I am left to assume it is in the conversion from dvi -> ps/pdf
is where things get a bit mis-aligned.

Looking in the conversion commands that lyx throws at the dvi file
I have the following:
dvips -o $$o $$i

I have read thru the manpage for dvips, but nothing appeared
to jump out at me. In fact, I am not certain I completely understand
the parameters passed to dvips.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get the document (ps/pdf) to format
correctly?

v/r
-mike