Mozilla -- one instance

Author: Craig Brooksby
Subject: Mozilla -- one instance
Hi all:

I represent the extreme newbie subgroup in PLUG. I hope the rest of you
don't mind too much. If I am too far off-topic, please reply off-list.

I installed RedHat9. The Mozilla version is 1.2. I tried to install a
current release of Mozilla, but now I seem to have Mozilla in many
places: in /usr/bin, in /usr/lib, oin 'usrlocal... One article I read
seems to expect Mozilla to be in /uselocal/lib...

I can only execute the updated version if I log in as root. It's a
mess.

I desire to uninstall? remove? all these various Mozilla files, and do
a clean reinstall -- one copy of Mozilla in one place. One copy usable
by both root and me.

In good old WinXP, "the place" was under Program Files. That's where
the executables were. Where is "the right place in this case?

Can someone guide me through the cleanup / reinstall process?? Many
thanks --

Craig
http://www.brxb.com