Sarg Reports, HTML what certain fields mean, not sure, need …

Author: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Sarg Reports, HTML what certain fields mean, not sure, need help
I have posted this to the sarg mailing list and gotten no responses so I wanted to try this list.

Does anyone here use sarg (report genitor for squid) I have a few questions:

CONNECT
When there are 294 connections to one web site in a day; is that because when you connect and it is required to actually pull down many items individually they all count as individual connects even though only one page is opened?

%BYTES
For a given IP address %BYTES does not equal 100% so what is the scale on? Is it 100% for all users so when I see 22% for one user to one site does that mean he used 22% of all downloaded material (bytes) on the internet for all users or does it mean for his activity only he spent 22% of just his downloaded BYTES?

%TIME
Same question here, is it the % of time for that user or did he/she spend a given percentage based on all users?

I hope this post makes sense some of it is a little wordy.

Jim