Another fsck error at startup

Author: Michael Havens
Subject: Another fsck error at startup
I tried all of them.
I tried differant options.
It always returned the sam:
~~~
filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
(sometimes there was additional info but I do not think it is seeing it)
~~~
~):Mike:(~

Following is the printout of my actions.

bmike1@bmike1:~$ su
Password:
root@bmike1:/home/bmike1# e2fsck -f /dev/sda6
e2fsck 1.34-WIP (21-May-2003)
Couldn't find ext2 superblock, trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sda6

root@bmike1:/home/bmike1# e2fsck -B 8193 /dev/sda6
e2fsck 1.34-WIP (21-May-2003)
Couldn't find ext2 superblock, trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Invalid argument while trying to open /dev/sda6

root@bmike1:/home/bmike1# e2fsck -b 16384 /dev/sda6

root@bmike1:/home/bmike1# e2fsck -b 16383 /dev/sda6
e2fsck 1.34-WIP (21-May-2003)
e2fsck: Invalid argument while trying to open /dev/sda6

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

root@bmike1:/home/bmike1# e2fsck -p /dev/sda6
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sda6
/dev/sda6:
filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

root@bmike1:/home/bmike1# e2fsck -C /dev/sda6
Usage: e2fsck [-panyrcdfvstDFSV] [-b superblock] [-B blocksize]
                [-I inode_buffer_blocks] [-P process_inode_size]
                [-l|-L bad_blocks_file] [-C fd] [-j ext-journal]
                [-E extended-options] device

Emergency help:
 -p                   Automatic repair (no questions)
 -n                   Make no changes to the filesystem
 -y                   Assume "yes" to all questions
 -c                   Check for bad blocks and add them to the badblock list
 -f                   Force checking even if filesystem is marked clean
 -v                   Be verbose
 -b superblock        Use alternative superblock
 -B blocksize         Force blocksize when looking for superblock
 -j external-journal  Set location of the external journal
 -l bad_blocks_file   Add to badblocks list
 -L bad_blocks_file   Set badblocks list
root@bmike1:/home/bmike1# e2fsck -cc /dev/sda6

root@bmike1:/home/bmike1# e2fsck -b 32768 /dev/sda6