Update - Red Hat 9 and Mouse

Author: Joel W. Leibow
New-Topics: Virus Free e-mail?
Subject: Update - Red Hat 9 and Mouse
Apologies, I used the wrong email address previously. The original
message is below. I should also add that there are absolutley no
settings for PS/2 enabling that I can find in the BIOS.

-------------------------------------

I am attempting to install Red Hat 9 on a machine that I setup that uses
a bunch of old hardware I had laying around. I am using a Belkin 2 port
KVM switch to toggle with my Windows box. I have a Microsoft
Intellimouse (PS/2 & USB). Every time I attempt to run the install my
mouse goes undetected. I have removed the KVM switch from the loop and
tried the mouse plugged in as PS/2 and USB and still it goes undetected.
I was hoping someone else out there may have some recommendations as to
how to get around this. I would really like to be able to run a desktop
on the machine. I've listed out the remainder of the hardware below.

Motherboard - FIC SD11
Processer - Athlon 950 (Slot A)
RAM - 256 Mb PC133
Hard Drive - Samsung 20GB
Video Card - SIS 16MB
Sound Card - Soundblaster Live!
NIC - Some generic thing

Everything else gets detected fine except the mouse. Of course the
installation tells me that the mouse has not been detected and gives me
the option to either do a text install or select my mouse from a list.
I've selected the mouse from the list as a Microsoft Intellimouse(PS/2),
Microsoft Intellimouse(USB), Generic 3 Button (PS/2), and Generic 3
Button (USB) only to have the graphical install startup and my mouse not
work. Any advice on how to get around or fix this problem would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Joel Leibow

---