why can't I create a RH 7.3 boot disk?

Author: Scott H
Subject: why can't I create a RH 7.3 boot disk?
I installed RH 7.3 some time ago on a test/lab
server and did not create a rescue boot disk at
that time. Now I come back to do this but can't
seem to make one that will work. I have grub as
the boot loader on this box, but the RH command
to create a bootdisk seems to make a LILO boot
disk, for what that's worth. Anyway, I take the
values from my grub conf file and I come up with
this command:

mkbootdisk --mkinitrdargs
/boot/initrd-2.4.18-3smp.img --kernelargs
'/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-3smp ro
root=/dev/ida/c0d0p2' --verbose
2.4.18-3smp

This creates the disk, and when it starts up it
says it will boot from /dev/ida/c0d0p2, which is
correct, then it loads kernel, seems to be
going OK, then stops with these lines being the
last items on the screen:

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k
block-major-72, errno = 2
VFS: Cannot open root device "ida/c0d0p2" or
48:02
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
48:02

Any idea why this can't mount? I'm guessing a
syntax error but I don't know what it is. The
box is a Compaq Proliant 800 dual P200 w/SMART
array controller.

Thanks,

Scott

.