scofflaw mentality: in conclusion (thread closed)

Author: Bill Lindley
Subject: scofflaw mentality: in conclusion (thread closed)
I hate to say I told you so, but...

Awhile back I commented that file-sharing copyright violations were an
outcropping of the scofflaw mentality propagated by widespread speeding
on the highways.

I received several replies to the effect that Arizona law permitted
speeding. These alleged that "you can drive at any 'reasonable' speed."

However, Arizona law is clear that the "reasonable and prudent"
provision is pre-empted by any posted speed limits, not the other way
around.

"any speed in excess of the following speeds is prima facie evidence
that the speed is too great and therefore unreasonable: ...Sixty-five
miles per hour..."

full text of the law at: http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/00701.htm

I'm all for the protection of Fair Use, but copyright violation is
illegal and so is speeding. Even if you don't want them to be.

We are a country guided by Laws. Let's uphold them!

\\/
http://www.wlindley.com

p.s., Please reply off-list as I recognize this is perhaps not entirely
on-topic.