remote X

Author: der.hans
Subject: remote X
Am 25. Jul, 2003 schw=E4tzte Eric Lee Green so:

> But if he does not want the overhead of ssh X11 tunneling, a bit of study
> will show that X11 displays have names like

If he's using anything newer than a pentium 100 it's not much overhead :).
The added security, even on a secure network, is worth it, IMHO.

> localhost:0

'localhost' as a hostname will only work for tunnels when trying to display
remotely.

> and thus his 'xterm' should have said '192.168.2.100:0' if he truly wishe=

d to
> display it remotely.

Default is 0, so it's not needed.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans