Latest Mandrake?

Author: Kurt Granroth
Subject: Latest Mandrake?
On Thursday 17 July 2003 06:54 am, Dennis Kibbe wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 14:13, Michael Havens wrote:
> > Or perhaps I should go with the RedHat. 7.3 left me with a very
> > unfavorable stench in my nostrils after trying it (first experience with
> > Linux) but I understand that 8.0 was very much improved. Or perhaps I
> > should go with Debian? RPMs are a hastle! Are DEBs any better?
>
> Mike - Just pick a distro, ANY distro and install it! They ALL have a
> learning curve you'll have to climb, but PLUG is here to help.

My personal opinion has always been:

while ( !satisfied )
{
choose_a_distro();

  if ( install_distro() == CANNOT_INSTALL )
    continue;

  if ( play_with_distro() == A_PERFECT_MATCH )
    satisfied = true;
}

There is no way anybody can decide which distro is best for them based solely
on other people's recommendations.