Arizona Technology Expo - Why is free software superior?

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: Arizona Technology Expo - Why is free software superior?
The Business Software Alliance (BSA) is currently doing one of their enforcement PR campaigns again. Several people at my employer have recieved the form letter. They are declaring the week of 21-28 as "Software Audit Week" for your company to audit license accounting. A big logo at the top of the letter asks "Are you playing roulette with your business?" ie. if you aren't using licensed software, you are gambling with the financial viablity of your business.

We should make a poster with an original copy of the letter that says:

"Did you get one of these letters?

<Actual letter here>

"How much time and money does it take to make sure your company is in compliance with licenses for the proprietary software you use?

"If your company used Free Software, you would spend zero time and money on ensuring compliance!"

(Or something like that.)

Alan