Unable to get online

Author: Jeffrey Pyne
Subject: Unable to get online
Are you assigning a static IP address to eth0? If so, that might be your
problem. Cox wants you to use DHCP. Change the configuration of eth0 so
that it grabs its IP address, default gateway, netmask, etc. from Cox's
servers and try again. You may have to power off your cable modem for a
minute or two to clear its cache in order for your RH box to obtain an IP
address from DHCP.

Also, if your firewall rules are blocking ICMP, that might be why you can't
ping anything. Try stopping your firewall and see if you can ping your
default gateway, nameservers, www.google.com, etc.

HTH,

Jeff