Junk Mail Was: Spambot Trap

Author: Dennis Kibbe
Subject: Junk Mail Was: Spambot Trap
On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 08:25, Phil Mattison wrote:
> Well then, if you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em.
> >From now on I'll think of UCE as a potentially useful marketing tool.
> I don't see anyone having a cow over postal junk mail.
> --Phil M.

Actually many of us ARE having a cow over junk mail.

"The environmental impact of junk mail is substantial. . . Individually,
an average of 41 pounds are sent to every adult. About 44 percent goes
unread directly into the garbage and 93 percent of junk mail will be
discarded ultimately. Americans spend over $275 million to dispose of
junk mail."

Junk Mail: Unsolicited Advertising that Pollutes Our Planet and Invades
Our Privacy by Michael Worsham

http://www.rtis.com/reg/bcs/pol/touchstone/April95/junkml.htm

Dennis Kibbe