openbsd -> syslog

Author: Mike Starke
Subject: openbsd -> syslog
On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 09:05:47AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
/_On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Mike Starke wrote:
/_
/_> restarting slapd, nada. So I went into syslog.conf
/_> and placed a line like this:
/_>
/_> *.*        /var/log/syslog
/_
/_Where did you put this (in your syslog.conf)?
/_
/_If you put it after a !prog block then it won't be used. (So usually don't
/_add a new line to bottom of syslog.conf.)
/_

Yes. First entry what I did.

/_Also, instead of using all facilities and levels, just log the ones used
/_by slapd. (Maybe the !slapd would be useful.)
/_
/_Does your /var/log/syslog exist?
/_

I also 'touch'd the file as well. As far as all facilities and levels,
this entry was just temporary, so I figured I would just grab all I could
and grep on it if it got too noisy. Again, just temporary.

Along with this problem, I am struggling with ppp on OpenBSD. I guess
I have been spoiled by Debain's pppconfig & pon/poff.