Parallel port scanner

Author: Rusty Carruth
Subject: Parallel port scanner
> Just a quickie question:
> I have a Pentium 133 laying around that I could use. If I were to put the burner
> in it and just run Linux in console mode rather than in X, would it be able to
> burn CD-Rs?
> Thanks!

Well, I've got a pentium 120 laptop, with a pcmcia scsi adapter and a
246 cdrecordable drive. 32 meg ram in laptop, NOT running the most
recent x (i.e. not running kde or gnome), I can record CDs at 2x speed
reliably (think I did it at 4x speed, but not sure any more). Even
using x (again, NOT using kde or gnome, since I don't have enough memory
for that).

Note that its a scsi cd burner. YMMV greatly using IDE.

rusty